So two posts ago Chelsea asked some good questions and I tried to answer them in the comments part after her questions but it wouldn't let me...so I'll just answer them this way :)
You can refer to the comments she left if you need to know her questions.
Answers to your questions Chels...As far as being an American here I get treated the same while in school b/c its an international school and everybody comes from all sorts of different places. When I go out of school like down the street or into town its a bit different. I am more of a target for getting robbed just b/c I'm white and people think that therefore I'm rich...it sounds bad to say but its true. And another thing that happens is that when you go to buy food in the market or buy anything for that matter they always mark up the prices b/c I'm white. There's a muzungu price for everything and a Tanzanian price. You just deal with it...but sometimes you can barter with them and get the price down. It helps to know a little Swahili to do this though.
As for Valentines Day...most people here don't celebrate it but because there are so many people from America here at school we influence the holiday celebrations a bit. The kids handed out flowers but that was about the extent of it. Then supper was mostly western people that I know who got together just for fun, but yes....we were in Africa celebrating Valentines Day a little.
Sounds like you had a nice day w/ Jared :) Those meals never go as quickly as they claim but I'm proud of you for sticking w/ it after 30 min. was up ;) As for the pictures...I TRIED sooooo hard to upload at least one picture but it takes too long and I just can't seem to get even one up. Back on the first day here I got that one up of my room but since then I haven't been able to so you'll just have to wait till I get back. Pole Sana :( I tried to upload a picture of me at Salt Lick with elephants right behind me but no luck. So for now just imagine and soon you'll get to see proof of all the things I've been blogging about.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
*beams*
ReplyDeleteI feel acknowledged!!! :)
Got it. I will wait oh how so every very patiently for your pictures! Looking forward to it! Maybe make it a public picture album on Google Picasa? Just a mere suggestion from a lowly PC user. :)