Well, it's my last full day in Moshi and I am a huge mix of emotions. I've had a great past few days but today and tomorrow are going to be pretty hard. I don't want to say good bye but at the same time I do because I know that means I get to see everyone back home. I think everyone should just hop on a plane to Tz and join me for a few days before I come back! I think that sounds like a super plan :)
This past weekend I had a BBQ at my house as part of my going-away...typical Tz style though...during my party the power went out! ha! But we had a good time anyway. Then Saturday Mhula's dad came to stay with us from his village a few hours away so we had a big family supper that night. It was nice but a little awkward considering only Mhula could speak their mother tongue language so it was a bit hard to talk with him. Then Sunday a few of us went to El Rancho (the Italian restaurant nearby haha) and had my last "hoorah" I guess you could say. Today I went on a field trip with the P5's and Marlaina and we went to 4 different places of worship. It was really interesting and almost an overload of information. I think the kids loved it though. Tomorrow is going to be my last day at ISM :( We are having a fun day though so that will be nice. In the morning the students are finishing up a totem pole painting project I did for an art lesson with them. Then we're watching the DVD of "Because of Winn Dixie" and then we're heading to the pool for a pool party. That will be fun but I have a feeling at the end of the day there will be some tears. Some of the girls in my class have been talking about how sad they are that I'm leaving for the past week. I'll try to be strong though but you all know I'm not very good when it comes to holding back the tears.
I have had such a great time here in Moshi and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to come. It's been challenging at times but challenging in a good way. I definitely miss everyone back home and I can't wait to eat some of my mom's home cookin' :) I'll reflect more on my time here once I'm back home but for now I'll just ask that you pray for me on my last day and that I have safe travels.
Love you all and I can't wait to see everyone.
Love,
Alissa in Africa (for one last day)
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God speed, dear one!
ReplyDeleteSteve
Hi Alyssa - I'd like to hear about your time in Africa, specifically as related to the teaching situation in Moshi. My husband and I will be looking for our next international job soon (this and next year we're in Khartoum, Sudan) and I want to be very sure about our next choice. Moshi seems like a perfect fit but I know, now, which questions to ask. If you'd be willing to take a few questions (at your leisure - no hurry) please email me at connellys@mac.com . Thanks in advance and good luck readjusting!
ReplyDelete